RSC Club Quiz
Published 11:45 on 28 Apr 2020
Thank you to all those who took part in the RSC Club Quiz recently. This is the last call for entries - all the questions are listed below, and entries can be sent to email@example.com.
1. Sail on sailor was a hit for which 'Boys' in 1973?
2. Who is Peter Hernandez more likely to be known as?
3. Who was the youngest sailor to circumnavigate the world?
4. The front man of which band made headlines in 1985 after capsizing his 77 foot
yacht 'DRUM' off the Cornish coast?
5. In 1983 'Christine' became famous....what make/model and year was she?
6. The 'Skye boat song' was sang by who in 1968?
7. What is the name of Scooby Doo's van?
8. In what year did sailing become part of the Olympics
1. Slow Boat to _____? Was written by who in 1948?
2) Who had a hit with 'Too good to be forgotten' in 1986?
3) What is the name of the Dodge Charger driven in a 1969 TV series? Can you name the series?
4) What is the worlds fastest recorded sailing speed?
5). Which of our members owns a yacht called 'Jester'?
6). The VW beetle was designed by who?
7). Singer songwriter 'Robert Smith' was the lead singer in which 1980s popular cult band? He was also the lead guitarist for another band...can you name the band?
8) What Symbol will you find on a Topper sail?
1). Dignity was a hit for which Scottish band and in which year?
2). The longest un broken run at number 1 in the UK charts was sang by? What was it called? What year? And was the theme tune for which film?
3). Who was the first person to circumnavigate the world single handed and in what year?
4). Who was the Highest paid performer at Woodstock in 1969?
5). Which is said to be the easiest direction to sail around the world...Eastward or Westward?
6). What type of car is Bumblebee?
7). Who is Jack Holt?
8). What is the name of Chris Wrights streaker?
1) Sailing on the seven seas was a hit for which New Romantic 80s band?
2) In the F1 world, which family owned a worldwide clothing chain and team of the same name?
3) Where was HMS Endeavour built and in what year was she Launched?
4) What is the Mirror Dinghy named after?
5) Shirley Temple once sang about a Lollipop, can you complete the name of the song?
6) When was 'Top of the Pops' first and last aired on the BBC?
7) The 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 became famous through which film(s)?
8) Who rowed the boat ashore in 1863?
1. Home to the UN court of justice.
2. Bumbling twin detectives in Adventures of TinTin
3. Superman's alter ego
4. The northern fish choice in our national dish
5. Rowed with her father in 1838 to rescue shipwrecked sailors off the NE coast
6. 1970 Children's tv character who has adventures courtesy of a fancy dress shop.
7. Brothers who made the first sustained, powered flights in aircraft in 1903
8. Swing bridge opened in 1872 crossing the river Ouse between Naburn & Selby
9. Simon & Garfunkel's musical contribution to the 1967 film The Graduate.
10. What's the connection between all the answers?
Last updated 11:45 on 28 April 2020