Camping at the Club
Under the terms of our lease and planning law, we can camp at the club on a given number of nights per year. Camping nights run for 24 hours from 5pm (e.g. Friday 5pm to Saturday 5pm) and are the times when we open up the rear field to allow access for tents, caravans and motorhomes.
In order to ensure we gain maximum benefit from the number of nights allowed we undertake an allocation at the beginning of the year to allow members to camp for all our major club events. The dates are published on the club calendar and you are asked to book to camp via the website. We hold a number of nights in reserve for ad-hoc events and will allocate these as and when necessary. Keep your eyes on the website and let us know if there are dates you think we should add to the calendar. Camping is not permitted at other times.
Please remember the following when camping at the club:
- The rear lawn is only for use by tents and no vehicles are to drive on it
- Walk the field to assess conditions before you drive on to it - avoid wet and boggy areas
- Please leave an appropriate gap between you and the next tent/motorhome/caravan
- Under 18's must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult and are not allowed to stay at the club overnight unless the adult is present.
- The club is a peaceful area, please respect that. No loud music at any time and silence on site between 10pm and 7am.
- Chemical toilets cannot be emptied at the club as we operate on a septic tank system.
- Club equipment (benches, seats, barbecues) are to remain in the vicinity of the club and must not be taken on to the field.
- No naked flames. Barbecue's must be raised off the ground to avoid damaging the grass.
- No vehicles on the field if the ground is soft.
- We have a camping sink available for members to use at the rear of the building - please leave this clean and tidy for other users.
- The galley is accessible to members when there is a committee member on-site and our caterers are not present. Please ensure this is left clean and tidy.
- Please be respectful in not using the galley when the caterers are operating.
Last updated 00:28 on 5 June 2022